Linn-Mar FBLA Went to Nationals and Made the Most of It10 Aug 2016
Eleven of Linn-Mar's very own made their way to nationals in Atlanta, Georgia on June 29th-July 2nd. Participating in workshops and competing in their events, of course. They also attended state and regional meetings with our amazing Iowa pins ready to start networking with the rest of the conference. While they were there, they also visited local attractions such as the Coca Cola Museum, Georgia Aquarium, CNN Studio Tours, Atlanta Zoo, the Fernbank Museum of Natural History and finally Six Flags Over Georgia.
Linn-Mar FBLA Compete and Place for Nationals at the State Leadership Conference10 Aug 2016
Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) is a professional, student-led and business-oriented organization dedicated to promoting business leadership, establishing career goals and developing character and self-confidence. From March 31-April 2, Linn-Mar FBLA students attended the Iowa FBLA State Leadership Conference in Coralville, Iowa. The theme of the conference was "Connect," and our students embraced this concept by connecting with members across the state while using business professional skills.
At the conference, many Linn-Mar FBLA students received high honors for their competitive state events. Anyone who received 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th in a National Event qualifies for the National Leadership Conference which will take place in Atlanta, Georgia this summer. Additionally, Linn-Mar FBLA member and treasurer, Junior Jonathan Wisner, was elected to serve a second term as State Treasurer. With only 27 students attending, Linn-Mar FBLA placed 4th in the state and is proud of the recognition awarded for their hard work.
Below are all of the placements Linn-Mar FBLA and its students received:
• Accounting, Kathir Pandian 3rd
• Business Communications, Kinnari Karia 1st
• Business Communications, Gabbie Meis 5th
• Business Ethics, Abhigna Akurathi and Gabbie Meis 2nd
• Business Law, Madhuri Belkale 2nd
• Business Law, Tyler Bartleson 4th
• Business Plan, Samyukta Karthik and Anusha Gopalam 2nd
• Economics, Tyler Bartleson 6th
• Entrepreneurship, Kaushik Gokul, Morgan Lu and Kathir Pandian 2nd
• Emerging Business Issues, Mclay Lampe and Isabelle Meis 4th
• Graphic Design, Samantha Kragel 1st
• Hospitality Management, Lydia Anderson, Kevin Drahos and Sheldon Koepke 1st
• Insurance and Risk Management, Jonathan Wisner 1st
• Introduction to Business Procedures, Isabelle Meis 6th
• Introduction to Financial Math, Morgan Lu 4th
• Job Interview, Samantha Kragel 4th
• Local Chapter Annual Business Report, Lydia Anderson 2nd
• Publication Design, Saireshma Balakrishnan 2nd
• Social Media Campaign, Madhuri Belkale, Shruthi Boggarapu and Kinnari Karia 1st
• Sports and Entertainment Management, Parker Bramsen and Jordan Sample 2nd
• Website Design, Sanjana Addagarla, Saireshma Balakrishnan and Kevin Drahos 4th
• Leadership, Gabbie Meis 1st
• Leadership, Morgan Lu 4th
• Leadership, Kinnari Karia 6th
• NLC Pin Design, Madhuri Belkale and Shruthi Boggarapu 3rd
• NLC T-Shirt Design, Abhigna Akurathi and Samantha Kragel 6th
• Technology Practical Applications, Tyler Bartleson 3rd
• Who's Who, Samantha Kragel 2nd
• Linn-Mar FBLA also received the Iowa Merit Award, an award that recognized active chapters and their accomplishments.
• 4th in Largest Local Chapter Membership
• 1st in Longest Chapter (35 years)
• 2nd in FBLA-opoly
• Mr. Brinkmeyer was recognized for his 15th year as an Adviser
FBLA Serves Dinner at Big Brothers Big Sisters Holiday Dinner10 Aug 2016
On Thursday November 12th, dedicated Linn-Mar Future Business Leaders of America(FBLA) members spent their evening at the Big Brothers Big Sisters holiday dinner to help serve the community. Big Brothers Big Sisters of America is a nonprofit national organization dedicated to helping all children reach their potential through professionally supported, one-to-one relationships with volunteer mentors and students represented Linn-Mar well by serving each meal with a smile and spreading holiday cheer. As always, this event was full of compassionate and warm-hearted individuals and LMFBLA is proud to have been a part of it!
FBLA Members Attend National Fall Conference10 Aug 2016
On November 6th-8th, members of Linn-Mar Future Business Leaders of America (LMFBLA) traveled to Omaha, Nebraska to attend the National Fall Leadership Conference. Our students embraced the National FBLA theme of "Connect" by connecting with members from other states and FBLA chapters while learning new business professional skills. On Friday night, professional speaker Patty Hendrickson kicked off the conference with themes of engagement, leadership and motivation. On Saturday, students attended various workshops and exhibits and learned skills that they will be able to use in the "real world." Linn-Mar NFLC attendee Junior Kali Nickel said, "During workshops, I learned how to present myself the right way in a business atmosphere and how to be respectful and professional among all types of cultures." The conference was closed off by professional speaker Aaron Davis, who has built up an impressive career as a President, COO, co-founder and author. He shared his life experiences in making both negative and positive connections in life and expressed the need to always have a reason for your actions. Overall, this was yet another enriching experience for LMFBLA members to learn skills to help develop their professional futures.
The weekend of October 4th-5th, 27 members of our chapter attended the State Fall Leadership Conference. At opening session, Mitch Goudy keynoted, highlighting his experiences in the business world and how he's been able to follow his dreams of becoming a country music star. All chapters participated in the Miracle Minute, a 60 second fundraiser for March of Dimes. Linn-Mar FBLA came in second, raising just over $20 among all members. Throughout Sunday, students were given the opportunity to attend workshops held by professionals and FBLA state officers. The next morning LMFBLA participated in the Leadership Reaction Course at Camp Dodge, a National Guard base, and toured Kinze Manufacturing, Inc. where chapter members could speak with professionals in their fields of interest.